RE: Quoting from sources online

Subject: RE: Quoting from sources online
From: Dempsey, David - DC (
Date: ti 13 loka   1998 - 13:52:56 EEST

Does not violate copyright because the quote is not being used by the
third party nor being used without proper attribution (permission is not
necessary); the source/medium of the quote is not relevant because the
expression of the idea can be on many types of media; and the law in the
US presently indicates that the Internet is no different from other
media when exact copying is involved -- the Playboy cases, and their
progeny, should assist on that.