Seuran toiminta | Puhekupla | Arkisto

[puhekupla] 4 PGS. of JOE SACCO in TIME MAGAZINE this week! (fwd)

From: Johanna Rojola (roju@kaapeli.fi)
Date: 06.03.2001 - 12:05:05

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:17:28 +0200
From: Eric Reynolds <reynolds@fantagraphics.com>
To: roju@kaapeli.fi
Subject: 4 PGS. of JOE SACCO in TIME MAGAZINE this week!

SACCO DOES 4-PAGE COMIC IN THIS WEEK's TIME

March 5, 2001 -- In the issue of TIME magazine that hits stands TODAY,
Joe Sacco has a four-page comic strip about his recent return to the
Middle East. As far as we know, it's the first time the magazine has
commissioned comics in the magazine (and comes after the full-page
feature on Sacco that TIME's JOEL STEIN wrote in the May 1, 200
edition).

The recent trip to the marked the first time Sacco had returned to the
Middle East since the early 1990s. In the wake of recent political
developments as well Sacco's return visit to the West Bank, the
cartoonist has begun working on a one-shot comic book about the
Palestinian conflict to be published this summer by Fantagraphics.

S u o m e n S a r j a k u v a s e u r a n S ä h k ö i s e t S i v u t
pääsivu