Re: Reed Elsevier / Wolters Kluwer merger off

Subject: Re: Reed Elsevier / Wolters Kluwer merger off
From: Emanuella Giavarra (ecup.secr@dial.pipex.com)
Date: pe 13 maalis 1998 - 16:54:51 EET

Dear list members,

I believe that the concerns expressed by the scholarly and scientific
communities towards the merger between Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer made
an impact on the conditions posed by the European Commission.

The Dutch newspaper Volkskrant reported on 10 March 1998 that Brussels
also responded to the concerns received from the scholarly and
scientific communities on the concentration of power. A Brussels source
was quoted saying 'Competition law is actually consumer law. When
consumers worry, the European Commission worries as well'.

This is a good sign!

Kind regards,
Emanuella Giavarra