Re: Future position of libraries towards copyright 2

Subject: Re: Future position of libraries towards copyright 2
From: Edward Barrow (edward@plato32.demon.co.uk)
Date: pe 09 tammi  1998 - 00:31:56 EET

Martijn - your questions just raise more questions!
Will there be librarians or publishers in the digital future?
Should the public sector continue to finance free or low-cost access to
information?
If so, is the public library model the right one?

And, as well as publishers, remember that authors depend on copyright to
live. After all, copyright starts out as an author's right.

--
Edward Barrow's Unofficial Internet Copyright Pages
http://www.plato32.demon.co.uk/Edward

one, that men (and women) of ability, who have employed their time for the service of their community, may not be deprived of their just merits, and

the reward of their ingenuity and labour; the other, that the world may not be deprived of improvements, nor the progress of the arts be retarded" - per Mansfield LJ in Sayre v. Moore, 1785.