SG meeting Prague June 15/16

Subject: SG meeting Prague June 15/16
From: Bohacek Martin - KPRA, 268, 220nb, UID44 (Bohacek@vse.cz)
Date: Wed 06 Jun 2001 - 18:57:53 EEST

Dear participants,
as I offer to you I can pick up some of you from the airport Thursday
afternoon - Teresa will come later (17.45) and I will drive her, so I
can take 3 people more - who will arrive in the similar time.
Therefore I will come for the whole group to the hotel at 18.45 but
Tuula for sure knows the way to Corso if I would be later with the
"final group".
If you fail to be picked up by me or somebode from the National
Library, follow this instructions: The journey from the airport is
more complicated as the whole public trafic is under recinstruction
and almost all lines have been changed. Do not use taxi, they are
very expensive for foreigners. The best way is to go with bus No. 119
directly from the airport to the end stop Dejvicka. There change it
to metro line A and go 2 stops to Malostranska metro stop. There
change to the tram No 12 in direction to Vystaviste and go with it to
the end station Vystaviste. Here you are 3 minutes from hotel Olga
- go below a train bridge, turn to the left (street Strojnicka) and
the first turn to the right (street Janovskeho) and you are there.
The hotel is reconstucted from the ordinary block house, so you
probably do not realize it immediately and also the local people
maybe do not know it as "Olga" but as the new reconstructed hotel.
I hope you will be O.K. If you have some problems, call me to my
mobil 0608/968723.
The evening program for Friday is traditional: La Boheme in the
National Theater, Carmen in the State opera. Then concerts in
churches (including Mirror chapel in the area of Klementinum),
several black theatres, Laterna Magica, several theatres of
Marrionetts (with Mozart operas), Krizik fontain in Vystaviste (open
scene), musicals, many jazz clubs etc. What will you prefer? The
problem here is to arrange tickets in advance.
So, have pleasant journey to Prague and come all
Martin