ELEKTRA project

Subject: ELEKTRA project
From: Emanuella Giavarra (ecup.secr@dial.pipex.com)
Date: to 13 maalis 1997 - 21:15:03 EET

Dear list members,

During the ECUP workshop in Finland I came accross the ELEKTRA project.
This is a joint project by libraries, publishers, learned societies and
copyright organizations. ELEKTRA aims at enhancing both the services and
the technical and contractual conditions of electronic publishing and
network access of electronic publications in Finland.

The project started on 1-6-1996 and the expected duration is 18 months.
The costs of ELEKTRA is shared by the participants and the Ministry of
Education. More information on this project can be found at:
http://renki.helsinki.fi/elektra/english.html

At the moment I am making an inventarisation of projects like ELEKTRA,
which run on a national level, in preparation of the Testbed ECUP
project. If you know of projects in your country in the area of
electronic publishing which include also publishers and copyright
organisations, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Emanuella Giavarra
ecup.secr@dial.pipex.com