Re: New Study on Electronic Publishing

Subject: Re: New Study on Electronic Publishing
From: Emanuella Giavarra (ecup.secr@dial.pipex.com)
Date: ke 23 loka   1996 - 13:01:42 EEST

Prof. Charles Oppenheim wrote:

What role did the publishers have in mind for the librarians???

The concept is that STM publishers should focus more on the reader than on
the author. There is competition from the libraries for the same readers. This
means that STM publishers should set up clearing houses and will deliver to
libraries and readers. They will also do the rights clearences. Publishers should
become a 'one stop shop' for readers.

Kind regards,
Emanuella Giavarra