New Study on Electronic Publishing

Subject: New Study on Electronic Publishing
From: Emanuella Giavarra (ecup.secr@dial.pipex.com)
Date: ma 21 loka   1996 - 20:40:38 EEST

At the Frankfurt Book Fair, DGXIII launched the publication of its
latest study "Strategic Developments in the European Publishing
Industry towards the Year 2000" produced by Andersen
Consulting. A summary of this study can be obtained at:

http://www2.echo.lu/elpub2/en/infonote.html.

The full report is available at the INFO2000 Central Office, email:
info2000@echo.lu

At the STM meeting, one day earlier than the launch of this
study, the International publishers community got a private
introduction. I happen to be there and I must say that I was a little
surprised about the role they have in mind for the library community.
I hope that we can start to discuss this study on this list, because it
will have an impact on the policy of the European Commission.

Kind regards,
Emanuella Giavarra
Moderator