WIPO PROPOSALS - Seth's report

Subject: WIPO PROPOSALS - Seth's report
sandy@la-hq.org.uk
Date: ti 30 heinä  1996 - 13:35:44 EEST

Dear colleagues

Further to my last posting where I commented on the report by Seth
Greenstein of the May WIPO meeting, several of you have asked where they
can see it. It was posted on the CNI-COPYRIGHT list. Details of how to
subscribe follow. It will be archived now and I warn you it is very long.

Sandy Norman

L..................................................T....................R..
ABOUT THE CNI-COPYRIGHT FORUM:
     Copyright issues pervade our lives affecting everything from
the labels on the cans of soft drinks to the things we watch on
television to all the things we read. It has a tremendous effect
on networking activities as evidenced by the number of lists which
discuss copyright issues from time to time. But it is often
misunderstood, subject to easy misinterpretation and at times very
complicated. Many people simply throw out copyright questions to
any list hoping to get an answer that makes some sense. Others who
have an interest in copyright per se find themselves trying to
monitor dozens of lists in order to get into a regular flow of
copyright discussions. This list is being organized to give those
who ask, answer, and discuss copyright questions of any type a
forum for discussion. Discussion will not be limited to any one
area such as copyright for electronic materials. To see a list of
suggested issues to be addressed on this forum, send the following
command to LISTPROC@CNI.ORG

INFORMATION CNI-COPYRIGHT

TO GET HELP ON SUBSCRIBING:
   For information on subscribing to the CNI-COPYRIGHT list, or any other
forum on the Coalition's Unix-Listprocessor server, send this command as
an e-mail note to the address of the Coalition's Unix-Listprocessor server
(LISTPROC@CNI.ORG)

HELP SUBSCRIBE

TO JOIN THE CNI-COPYRIGHT FORUM:
   You may join this list at any time by sending this command as an e-mail
note to the Unix-Listprocessor on the Coalition's server (LISTPROC@CNI.ORG)

subscribe <listname> <your real name>
   e.g. SUBSCRIBE CNI-COPYRIGHT John Doe

By sending electronic mail to the address CNI-COPYRIGHT@CNI.ORG, you will
distribute messages to the other participants of this list.

Cheers

      Sandy Norman
      Information Manager (Legal and Parliamentary)
      Information Services
      The Library Association Tel: 0171 636 7543
      7 Ridgmount Street Fax: 0171 436 7218
      London WC1E 7AE email: sandy@la-hq.org.uk
      United Kingdom