More about the Helsinki meeting

Subject: More about the Helsinki meeting
From: Tuula Haavisto (tuulah@kaapeli.fi)
Date: Tue 09 Oct 2001 - 13:43:51 EEST

Dear colleagues

I just looked at the ICOLC conference participant list, which had been
up-dated on 8 October. There are four names from our group: Martin,
Jaro, Maja and me.
Please register latest next Monday, 15 October, otherwise you have
to pay an extra 34 Euro. The participant fee will raise for registrations
made after the 15th of October.

Depending on the way in which you will pay, you will get after the
registration an invoice via e-mail, or you can send your registration form
with a bank transfer to the organisers. The bank transfer must be mailed
in time to be at the organisers on 31 October.

A detail: because I am not yet sure where we should have the SG meeting,
please mark on your registration forms "late arrival (after 18.00)". My
idea is to arrange the meeting maybe even at the airport, or in city
centre, depending on your arrival times.

Some more practical advice, due to questions made to me:
- it is very possible to buy in Saturday food for your breakfast in AVA
hotel, BUT it will be difficult to find a cheaper ready-made breakfast
near to AVA on Sunday morning! The near-by swimming-centre cafe will open
at 9.15, but the breakfast there is more expensive than in AVA (the
swimming centre itself opens at 9.00 - in case you like swimming, it is
very fine!).
- currency: it is wise to bring with you DM or USD, and change some cash
here. I'll find you the most beneficial exchange point at the Airport.
- I checked the ferry time tables to Tallinn (the ones which are
available, all time tables for December are not yet on the net); it seems
that even with the quickest (=most expensive) ferries the travel itself
would eat up too much of the time, 1 hour 40 min. to one direction. Only
if your flight is leaving after 19.30 on Sunday there is point to book for
a one-day Tallinn trip.

Tuula

Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/

Tuula Haavisto (Ms.)
Project Manager
CELIP www.eblida.org/celip/
(Central and Eastern European Licensing Information Platform)

e-mail tuulah@kaapeli.fi c/o e-Office
mobile tel. +358 - 40 - 568 9396 (earlier Virtual Office)
In Finland 040 - 568 9396 4. Linja 24
faxes: +358 - 9 - 7289 6050 FIN-00530 Helsinki
and 7289 5060 Finland