Helsinki meeting

Subject: Helsinki meeting
From: Tuula Haavisto (tuulah@kaapeli.fi)
Date: Tue 25 Sep 2001 - 09:47:19 EEST

Dear colleagues,

In this message you will get some practical information about the Helsinki
meeting.

I have now got the confirmation from the Commission, that you can use the
CELIP project money for the Euro ICOLC conference fee; this is very nice.

1. Hotels

You should reserve the first hotel (hotel Meripuisto, 28 Nov.-1 Dec.) in
connection to the Euro ICOLC conference registration.
You can also stay in hotel Meripuisto over the weekend, but it is far from
Helsinki. The registration form is offering hotel accommodation also in
hotel Helka in the city centre, but it is quite expensive.
Therefore, as we agreed in Prague, I have made a preliminary reservation
to hotel AVA for the night Saturday-Sunday. From AVA you will have a tram
and bus connection (15 minutes) to the city centre. It also has good
connections (bus 615, ca. 3-4 times per hour) to Helsinki-Vantaa
International Airport.
The preliminary reservation covers one night, to Sunday 2 December. In
case you need to stay longer, please inform the hotel when you confirm the
reservation.

AVA (www.hotelli-ava.fi) consists of different kinds of hotel rooms and
apartments. The breakfast is not included, you have to pay an extra 30 FIM
/ 5 Euro for it. VAT is included. When I made the reservation in August, I
could book the following types of accommodation:
- three singles, 270 FIM / 45 Euro
- three singles + kitchen 310 FIM / 52 Euro
- an apartment for two (=two rooms, common aula + kitchen) 480 FIM / 80
Euro (= 240 FIM / 40 Euro per person)
- an apartment for three (=three rooms+aula+kitchen) 585 FIM / 97 Euro
(195 FIM / 32 Euro per person)

The rooms will be filled in with the principle 'first to confirm, first to
be served'. E-mail: varaukset@hotelli-ava.fi The keywords are CELIP and
my name.
The payment can be made in cash or with a credit card. They prefer payment
when arriving.

In case you want to make a trip to Tallinn, please tell me, and I'll send
you information about the ferry connections. The quickest ferries take 1,5
hours, and cost 198-368 FIM / 33-61 Euro (return).

2. Euro ICOLC
Please register on the website:
http://www.lib.helsinki.fi/finelib/form.html
The conference fee, 1600 FIM or 269 Euro, is worth paying before the 15
Oct. After that date the fee will be 1800 FIM, or 303 Euro. The social
events, also the city tour on Saturday, are included in the participant
fees. On the registration form there are different alternatives for
accommodation.

3. Transportation
To arrange the transportation, I would need the exact information about
your time tables.
It still looks that many of you will on 28 November come approximately at
14-15.30 o'clock to the Helsinki Airport. If this will be the final case,
you can take a common Airport taxi to Meripuisto - it is the cheapest way.
To those coming in different times, I'll send separate guidance how to
come to Meripuisto.

4. Three CELIP workshops
During the two last weeks, three workshops have been organised: Budapest,
Tallinn, and Warsaw. All of them were OK, though the feeling is different
depending on the participants experience in licensing and consortia. I am
continuously astonished that also those with more experience have given so
positive feedback after the workshops. Maybe it is up to the fact that in
my presentation I try to give a covering picture about the whole
phenomenon - and in everyday work people usually do not think from that
point of view.
In Budapest there were 35, in Tallinn 70 and in Warsaw 20 participants.
All three workshops generated again a lot of material for the final
version of the State-of-the-Art report, thanks for that!

Only two workshops to be done yet, Riga in October and Ljubljana in
November!

* * *

I'll be in the office quite regularly now, so I can answer questions, and
listen to your possible comments.

Tuula

Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/

Tuula Haavisto (Ms.)
Project Manager
CELIP www.eblida.org/celip/
(Central and Eastern European Licensing Information Platform)

e-mail tuulah@kaapeli.fi c/o e-Office
mobile tel. +358 - 40 - 568 9396 (earlier Virtual Office)
In Finland 040 - 568 9396 4. Linja 24
faxes: +358 - 9 - 7289 6050 FIN-00530 Helsinki
and 7289 5060 Finland