viesti kulkee, zappa beefheart....

Subject: viesti kulkee, zappa beefheart....
From: Matti Salminen (matti.salminen@skk.inet.fi)
Date: Sun 25 Apr 1999 - 02:52:11 EEST

------- Original Message --------
Subject: Frank Zappa News - Spring 1999
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:10:37 -0500 (CDT)
From: Rykodisc <info@rykodisc.com>
To: Zappa Zappa <info@rykodisc.com>

4/13/99

Greetings Frank-o-philes!

A Happy (belated) '99 to you from the FZ Subsection at Rykodisc.

 We realize that it's been a while, but we've actually been pretty busy
pondering
the Zappa universe. So without further adieu, here's what' s up:

First off, we have a new release, "Son Of Cheep Thrills", and as many
of you
may have guessed, it's another compilation. Like its predecessor,
"Cheap Thrills",
it's quite afforable for both the novice and the collector. Assembled by
the
European division of the FZ Subsection, the tracks were mostly pulled
from late
60's/ early 70's studio albums which have now been discounted (Burnt
Weeny, Chunga's,
Uncle Meat, etc). Graphic enhancements are once again supplied by Zappa
album
cover guru, Cal Schenkel.

Available for $6.98, please visit the following for details and
ordering(there's
also a sale):

http://www.rykodisc.com/RykoInternal/Features/195/soct/info.htm

As far as new material goes, it appears that the good folks at Zappa
Family Trust
are doing some spelunking in the vault so we should have some details
come fall.

Other news:

Last January saw a magnificent concert tribute to FZ from the Florida
Orchestra
in St Petersburg performed before a sell-out crowd!

Dweezil and Ahmet have a new cable variety show on the USA Network
called, "Happy
Hour".

On the alumni front, Ray White has a new album out with KVHW , featuring
Steve
Kimock from Zero and other local Bay Area legends. Its available by mail
from

http://www.dead.net

Last but certainly not least, the incomparible Captain Beefheart is the
subject
of a massive retrospective and reisssue campaign from no less than three
different
record labels.
Keep an eye out for 2 album reissues with bonus tracks from Buddha in
June, a
2 CD rarities compilation from Rhino in August and a 5 CD set from
Revenant culled
from the "Trout Mask Replica" sessions!

Until next time, be well, and have a Mother of a Summer!

Best Wishes,

Your friends at Rykodisc/Earful Mailorder.
www.rykodisc.com
earful@rykodisc.com

p.s. Rhinon Beefheart tupla pitää sisällään ilmeisesti vain jo
julkaistua Bongo Fury materiaalia, so where`s the beef?
Toukokuussa julkaistava 5cd boxi sensijaan lienee mielenkiintoinen
---Matti