Seuran toiminta | Puhekupla | Arkisto

(no subject)

From: Kristiina Kolehmainen (kristiina.kolehmainen@kulturhuset.stockholm.se)
Date: 24.03.2004 - 16:49:49

Welcome to

SMALL PRESS EXPO (SPX04)
2 - 4 april 2004
Kulturhuset level 3

Small Press Expo 2004 is a festival for people who want to make their fanzine dreams come true.
SPX is a marketplace for fanzines, a workshop for getting ideas on how to make your own fanzine, and a place to meet the leading fanzine creators in Europe.
The sixth Small Press Expo is organized by Serieteket (Sweden's one and only library focused on comic books/picto-fiction/graphic novels) in cooperation with Serieframjandet Stockholm, and with the active participation of the Goethe Institute. This enables SPX04 to offer a throurough presentation of today's German comics scene.
The group Moga Mobo presents the Wonder of Berlin - a comic/fanzine which is printed in hundreds of thousands of copies and given away for free at the coffeeshops in the German capital.
We are also proud to present the German illustrator/artist Uli Oesterler, one of the nominees for the Album of the Year at the French Comic's Festival in Angouleme 2004.
The Swiss artist Thomas Ott is one of the young comic book creators who considers comics the ninth artform. He is one of the few comics artists from a German-speaking country whose work has been translated into other languages.
The journalist Christian Gasser is a permanent co-worker at Strapazin - the leading German magazine about comics and related phenomena.

Preliminary program
The festival starts on Friday April 2:nd, at 4.00-6.00 pm. Fanzinemakers from different parts of the world get the opportunity to meet each other and share experiences.
The SPX04 exhibits, three in all, are inaugurated.
After these preliminary proceedings the evening continues with a party at the restaurant Panorama at level 5 (Kulturhuset). Musical entertainment is provided by a prominent discjockey.
This year the market is open during two days, that is Saturday and Sunday, April 3:rd and 4:th.
Tables, free of charge, can be booked through
kristiina.kolehmainen@kulturhuset.stockholm.se

A sketch of the program for Saturday and Sunday:

During Saturday a series of lectures bring up different aspects of the work and activities carried out by the guests of honor. We will learn how a small group of dedicated comics enthusiasts have managed to publish the free fanzine/comic/magazine Moga Mobo for a timespan of ten years.
We will also learn why Swiss art comics are as good as unheard of in Sweden.
Sunday focuses mainly on film and animation with talks and screenings by people from the animation schools in e.g. Eksjo and Trollhättan
During the festival's two days, all visitors have the opportunity to create their own fanzines and have a go at working with animation.

S u o m e n S a r j a k u v a s e u r a n S ä h k ö i s e t S i v u t
pääsivu