Seuran toiminta | Puhekupla | Arkisto

[puhekupla] COMIX 2000 PAYDAY ACTION

From: Sarjisautomaatti/Jenni (automaattilista@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 15.01.2003 - 14:24:24

From :
dohme000 <dohme000@wxs.nl>

Dear relation,

With a lot of satisfaction we look back on the
international comix project Comix 2000. Unfortunately,
however, the editor L’Association has proved unable to
finish the project in style. To date, a significant
number of the international participants has not been
paid.

The participants’s contracts state that the Comix 2000
fee will be paid ultimately in 2001. To our knowledge,
only the French contribuants have been paid and a
small proportion of the international participants.
Now, early 2003, we have been patient enough.

We have had contact with L’Association’s Céline
Merrien several times on this issue. She claims that
administrative difficulties cause the delay in
payment. True as that may be, she is not willing to
specify a date when the Comix 2000 fees will be paid.

That is why we are making an inventory of all Comix
2000 artists who have not been payed yet. The aim is
to put pressure on L’Association to finish the elegant
Comix 2000 project in style, that is with due respect
to all contribuants. We will do so, firstly, by
contacting L’Association’s sponsors and relations plus
the international comix press. In case that does not
prove effective enough, we have contact with a lawyer
firm, which is willing to assist us legally.

Legal steps, however, would be a last resort. We
cannot imagine anyone benefiting from L’Association
being dragged to court; on the other hand we cannot
imagine anyone benefiting from L’Association being
disrespectful to its authors either.

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE BEEN PAID YOUR COMIX
2000 FEE, OR NOT. In case of non-payment, you may well
want to join our campaign. Let us know by e-mail as
soon as possible - preferably today - and we will
inform you on all further steps we take. This is an
artists’ initiative; no legal costs will be made
without your explicit consent.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ALL NON-FRENCH COMIX
2000 ARTISTS YOU KNOW

Thank you very much on beforehand for your kind
cooperation!

Questions?
Call Toon Dohmen: 0031 - 20 - 468 65 17 (private &
please keep in mind a possible time lag for the
Netherlands)

Below you will find the list of artists who, more than
one year after the contractual payment date, have not
been paid yet. Please let me know the mail addresses
of any other artists you know experiencing the same
problem.(We are contacting various international Comix
2000 participants ourselves as well.)

Milan Hulsing
Erik Kriek
Karel Lauwers