Seuran toiminta | Puhekupla | Arkisto

[puhekupla] AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Viz manga

From: Heikki Heiska (vermes@netti.fi)
Date: 20.11.2002 - 16:00:00

http://www.newsarama.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000068

-----

A statement from Viz reads:

To Our Loyal Fans And Customers:
While Viz is an integral part in acquiring, translating, and
distributing Japanese manga and anime titles to English-speaking
audiences, our current agreements with Japanese publishers limit our
distribution to North America only—legally this means that Viz and its
distributors cannot sell its merchandise overseas. To honor and
maintain our licensing contracts, we are unable to distribute our
titles worldwide and must limit our distribution to North America, at
this time.

We realize the disappointment this causes, but hope customers and fans
understand that in order to continue bringing Japanese storylines to
English-speaking audiences; Viz needs to remain loyal to its contracts
to ensure that it retains them. Adherence to the conditions outlined
in our contracts guarantees that we can continue with our current
titles and acquire new ones in the future.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please
understand that we are doing all we can to bring our love of manga and
anime to the world, and are currently pursuing worldwide distribution
rights for our titles. Until these rights are secured, we hope you
know how much we value you - our loyal customers and fans - and
appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
Viz Communications, Inc.

--
ICQ:24928919
Ubi dubium ibi libertas.

S u o m e n S a r j a k u v a s e u r a n S ä h k ö i s e t S i v u t
pääsivu