From Mikael Book - The Public Library of Science and related debates in English and French

Subject: From Mikael Book - The Public Library of Science and related debates in English and French

Date: ma 18 helmi  2002 - 13:10:57 EET

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikael Book <book@kaapeli.fi>
To: ecup-list@kaapeli.fi
Subject: The Public Library of Science and related debates in English
and French

Of great interest to the readers of this list is, I believe, The Public
Library of Science initiative and the related debates in the well known
journal "Nature", and among French and other scientists as well.

The public Library of Science is found at
http://www.publiclibraryofscience.org/

The debate in "Nature" is online at the address
http://www.nature.com/nature/debates/e-access/

To access a French branch (or brand?) of this discussion, see the page
intitulated "Faut-il appliquer aux publications scientifiques la
Directive européenne 2001/29/CE du 22 mai 2001 sur le copyright ?" at
http://www-mathdoc.ujf-grenoble.fr/DA/

It may also be noted that the debate on whether the EU Directive on
Copyright should be applied on scientific publications is spreading to
wide sectors of the general public. This point is actually illustrated
by my own letter. I got the information I have quoted here via the
international newsletter "Grain de sable" of ATTAC, a grass-roots
movement for the taxation of international financial transactions. You
may read that newsletter, too, via the web at the international site of
ATTAC http://attac.org/ (the issue of the newsletter I refer to is
Format RTF http://attac.org/attacinfo/attacinfo306.zip
Format PDF http://attac.org/attacinfo/attacinfo306.pdf )

Yours,

Mika B.
Mikael Böök * Katto-Meny * Tallbergink 1/39 * FIN-00180 Helsinki
book@kaapeli.fi * Phone +358-9-7515 4150 * Fax +358-9-75154152
gsm 040 5511 324 * WWW http://www.kaapeli.fi/book/