Re: Copyright directive - amendments 5-197

Subject: Re: Copyright directive - amendments 5-197
From: The Judges' Library (jlibrary@judgelib.iol.ie)
Date: to 25 tammi  2001 - 20:41:28 EET

Greetings all.

I'm sure I am not alone in thinking that the Europarl site is one of the
more impenetrable. Certainly an person with little experience of the EU
structures who hoped to simply go to the website and find the text of a
directive and from that a listing of proposed amendments would not do so
with ease! When I finally broke into Fort Knox, I found the document was
put up in Word (I presume) and while this is a widely used software, some
of us are constrained by the software chosen for us by our parent
organisations. The text comes up on my screen as pages of little boxes. I
suppose it would be too open of them to put their documents up in Rich Text
Format or some such format that can be read across the many applications we
all use. Thank heavens for co-operative efforts and the assistance which
has been provided via ecup-list. Without you there would be steam coming
out of my ears with frustration!

Joe Donnelly

At 13:32 25/01/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>The first two links are allright but the third one is still wrong. There
is a slight mistake - the link has space between juri2 and the last
figures! Try this one instead:

>http://www.europarl.eu.int/meetdocs/committees/juri/20010129/juri20010129.htm
>
>Best regards,
>
>Susanna Broms
>

>Carmen Morlon skrev:
>
>> Sorry,
>>
>> You will find the document linking as follows:

Joseph Donnelly,
Librarian,
 The Judges' Library,
 The Four Courts,
 Inns Quay,
 Dublin 7,
 Ireland.

Tel. (+353-1-) 888 6000, ext.6589, Direct dial 888 6589
Fax (+353-1-) 872 6821
E-mail: jlibrary@judgelib.iol.ie