EBLIDA copyright conference and workshop

Subject: EBLIDA copyright conference and workshop
From: Barbara Schleihagen (eblida@nblc.nl)
Date: to 11 syys   1997 - 10:21:12 EEST

Dear list subscriber,

This is to sadly announce that we have to postpone our copyright workshop
in Copenhagen, originally scheduled for November, with the new date being
12-13 February 1998.

Mr Reinbothe, Head of the Copyright Unit of the European Commission
announced at the European Parliament's Legal Comittee meeting on 2
September that the new Directive will be delayed and that it is hoped that
the European Commission will approve it at the end of November. Although
there are certainly enough other important issues worth discussing, the
main purpose of the workshop/conference is to explain the new Directive in
details to librarians and to agree on common lobby strategies. It was
therefore decided by the Organising Committee to rather postpone the
meeting than having two meetings in a relatively short period of time.

Please do accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused by this. I very
much hope that you will be able to join us also in February. At the moment
we are contacting all participants directly to find the most suitable
solution for each individually with regards to the conference fee.

EBLIDA will send you further information on the conference in due course. I
very much hope to see many of you on 12-13 February in Copenhagen.

With best wishes,
Barbara Schleihagen

EBLIDA
Barbara Schleihagen, Director