National WIPO meetings

Subject: National WIPO meetings
From: Emanuella Giavarra (ecup.secr@dial.pipex.com)
Date: pe 04 loka   1996 - 20:57:15 EEST

Dear list members,

I have heard from serveral people that the national governments
have organised consultation meetings on the WIPO proposals or
have asked for a written submission. I am very keen to know what
was said at these national meetings. Please report to this list.

The WIPO agenda until December is as follows:

October 9, 1996
Bilateral meeting between the US and the European Community

October 10 & 11, 1996
Meeting of the Stockholm Group

October 14 and 15, 1996
Meeting of a representative grouping of 15 developed and 15
developing countreis in Geneva (the 15 plus 15 meeting)

October 29-31, 1996
Regional meeting of the Latin American & Caribbean Bern Union
Members in Santiago, Chile

November 5 & 6, 1996
Meeting of the Stockholm Group in Brussels

November 7-9, 1996
Regional meeting of the African Berne Union Members in
Casablanca, Marocco

November 20-22, 1996
Regional meeting of Asian and Pacific Berne Union Members in
Thailand

November 27 & 28, 1996
Co-ordination meeting of the European Union

November 30 - December 1, 1996
Meeting of the Stockholm Group in Brussels

December 2-20, 1996
Diplomatic Conference at WIPO Headquarters in Geneva

At the Diplomatic Conference at least EBLIDA, IFLA and the
Digital Future Coalition will be represented to make the voice of
libraries heard.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Emanuella Giavarra