Access to Public Information

Subject: Access to Public Information
From: Emanuella Giavarra (ecup.secr@dial.pipex.com)
Date: pe 14 kesä   1996 - 20:19:27 EEST

Dear ecup-list subscribers,

On 27 - 28 June a conference on Access to Public Information: a
Key to Commercial Growth and Electronic Democracy will be held
in Stockholm. The conference is organized by the European
Commission, DGXIII. Amongst the themes covered will be: How
to conciliate access to public information and privacy, intellectual
property rights and national interests.

 I have just received the full programme by fax and I noted that there
are no speakers invited to give a paper on the role of the libraries in
providing access to public information.

Is anybody intending to go to this conference? I think it is important
that the library interests are represented at this conference. Most of
the subscribers of this list are either from Sweden or Finland and I
hope that somebody will go to this conference.

Best wishes,
Emanuella Giavarra
moderator