CELIP money counting

Subject: CELIP money counting
From: Tuula Haavisto (tuulah@kaapeli.fi)
Date: Thu 15 Nov 2001 - 14:23:02 EET

Dear colleagues,

(Anna, Maria, there is a request to you at the end)

There are two management matters which make our life a little difficult at
the last phase of the CELIP project. I'll present them here, although
there is not yet a clear answer to any of them.

1. The conference fee in Euro ICOLC

The ICOLC registration fee covers meals for two and a half day. This
means, the daily subsistence (116.85 Euro) should be lowered a little for
the concerned days, because you can charge the participant fee as a part
of the travel costs.

I have asked our new Project Officer in the Commission, Jean Goederich, if
there is a rule for this kind of situation. I'll inform you immediatelly
when he has answered.

You have to pay your hotel costs in Meripuisto from your subsistence, as
usual.

2. The extra money which might be left after counting the real travel
costs

Do you remember what we agreed in the Riga meeting about the extra money
which possibly will be left after the max. 1.800 Euro for local costs and
the real travel costs? I quote the Riga minutes:

"It was recognised that travel costs can vary a lot between CEE countries.
The Project Manager therefore suggested re-dividing the travel costs
between the organisations as follows. First, the total amount of the SG
travelling costs will be estimated, and then the rest will be divided by
ten. For this purpose, the SG members will send to EBLIDA the actual cost
of the Riga meeting and an estimate of their travel costs for the
following two meetings."

"The total amount for subcontracting is 45.000 Euro. This represents the
total estimated eligible costs. The average amount per subcontractor is
therefore 4.500 Euro. During project negotiations, this sum was subdivided
into 2.700 Euro for travel to SG meetings, 1.000 Euro for workshop
translation/interpretation and 800 Euro for other workshop costs. Payment
categories within the contract, however, are flexible and money can be
moved between categories and between organisations."

The system means that to count the final sum to be delivered for other
CELIP costs than travels, we have to know your real travel costs.

An example:
- we have estimated that total travel costs per SG member are IN AVERAGE
2.700 Euro
- if the AVERAGE costs are less, there will be extra to be delivered to
the participating associations.
- (if the average costs are more, that must be discussed separately)

Now we have all the information concerning the Riga and Prague meetings (I
am waiting to get this information from Yong-Gi), but I am still missing
the information about the Helsinki ticket prices from Anna and Maria.

This also means, you cannot count the money left only inside your own
association, because at the end the money will be delivered according to
the varying travelling costs. Maja, Mircea and Sneja have much more
expensive flight prices, because the CELIP meetings have been held in
North.

Life is not too simple with these rules, I agree, but these are matters of
justice!

Tuula

Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/

Tuula Haavisto (Ms.)
Project Manager
CELIP www.eblida.org/celip/
(Central and Eastern European Licensing Information Platform)

e-mail tuulah@kaapeli.fi c/o e-Office
mobile tel. +358 - 40 - 568 9396 (earlier Virtual Office)
In Finland 040 - 568 9396 4. Linja 24
faxes: +358 - 9 - 7289 6050 FIN-00530 Helsinki
and 7289 5060 Finland