CELIP summer matters

Subject: CELIP summer matters
From: Tuula Haavisto (tuulah@kaapeli.fi)
Date: Thu 19 Jul 2001 - 15:14:30 EEST

Dear colleagues

I just sent the draft minutes of our Prague meeting to you for comments.
Please send your possible comments before the 10th of August.

Further matters, partly bounded with the minutes:

1. I checked preliminary information for your trips to Helsinki. The
results are written into the minutes, but I repeat here:
"...The target is to arrive to Helsinki
only on the Wednesday morning. According to the preliminary time table
information, there are direct flights to Helsinki in the morning at least
from Budapest, Riga, Warsaw, Vienna and Vilnius, and a boat connection
from Tallinn. Most of the flights are served by Finnair, and will be in
Helsinki between 13.15 and 14.10 (!). From Ljubljana, Prague and Sofia a
flight with one stop in time is also possible, from Bucharest it seems to
be more difficult. If many people will come inside 1-1,5 hours time, they
can take a common Airport Taxi to the meeting place."

2. I got the answer concerning lower Euro ICOLC participant fees for the
CELIP SG memebrs and other CEE participants, but unfortunately there is no
such possibility. Before October 15 it will be 1.600 FIM (269 Euro), and
after that 1.800 FIM (303 Euro).
For registrations, I repeat here the web address of the congerence:
http://www.lib.helsinki.fi/finelib/eicolc.html

3. The EBLIDA workshop "Creating access to information
EBLIDA workshop on the acquisition and usage of electronic resources" will
be held on 28 September. The information on it is available on
http://www.eblida.org/eblmeeti.htm#events

4. Concerning the next step after CELIP, I have made a preliminary
initiative to different partners (EBLIDA, OSI, Emanuella Giavarra...) for
such a network of Excellence which is described on paragraph 3 of the
draft minutes. The response has been positive. It was considered also in
the European Commission, from where an idea of looking to the 8th (last)
call of the 5th Frmaweork programme was presented. The call will be
opened in 2002. I'll keep you informed about the development.

5. Please note thet Maja Zumers paper to IFLA, titled Licensing Issues for
Central and Eastern European Libraries, has now been linked to our
website.

I'll be in the office next time on the 1st of August - so I'll have some
week off and on the countryside of Finland. Then I'll work with the
CELIP poster session for the Boston IFLA conference. I have pictures from
the Bucahrest and Prague workshops. If anyone else has workshop photos,
please send me some (photos óf the audiences, please!), and I can use
them, too!

Greetings from pressing heath, waiting for thunder,

Tuula

Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/*Ö*/

Tuula Haavisto (Ms.)
Project Manager
CELIP www.eblida.org/celip/
(Central and Eastern European Licensing Information Platform)

e-mail tuulah@kaapeli.fi c/o e-Office
mobile tel. +358 - 40 - 568 9396 (earlier Virtual Office)
In Finland 040 - 568 9396 4. Linja 24
faxes: +358 - 9 - 7289 6050 FIN-00530 Helsinki
and 7289 5060 Finland